Baby Workouts

4:46 PM by Kerri

Ok, I know I'm a personal trainer, but I never signed up to do workouts with infants. So Kaci has torticollis. Basically she needs to strengthen her neck so she can hold her head upright. The physical therapist says we have to do all these exercises that just make Kaci cry. Here is my attempt and her refusal to tummy time exercises. She's actually a lot better than she used to be. She normally rolls out of it, but today she didn't. I've learned to entince her with food. Toys just don't work! So, I put her on her tummy, laid out some tantalizing crackers and watched her scream at me. She spent like 15 minutes on her tummy today reaching out with both hands and pushing up (HUGE progress) but it made her so tired that she put her head down and went to sleep. Poor little girl. I'm suppose to eventually get her to crawl... I don't see that happening anytime soon, but I hope she will some day!

Comments (2)


Blogger Nancy K
March 19, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Seriously no fun, but it will be worth it. Remember how I told you that Anna would just cry and cry. Afterwards I would massage her neck with lotion-a little peace treaty. I wanted to go to the physical therapist so that they could be the bad guy, but they just made me do it in front of them while they watched. But hey, I am glad that I stuck with it. Anna has such a lovely head and neck now!

Blogger newsinaminute
March 21, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

bless you and her hearts for the doing of the exercises --
it's a challenging process I'll bet for all three of you at times.
that little picture touched my heart. someday this tortilcalis will all be a just a mememory. hang in there, while doing what the therapist instructed. you are a good mom and dad to see her through it. (: and she is a sweetheart--loved watching her play with the magnets, sooo cute!!

Previous Posts
Archives
Links